2020 Show Dates!
TRAINERS – I was suggested to us that we have a document for you to fill out if you are grouping stalls, tack stalls and bedding to make check out easier at the office….
here’s what we’ve come up with… PLEASE check it out as you will be required to fill this out for billing in 2020.
2020 NEPtHA Show Dates
May 16 & 17 4 Judges July 11 & 12 3 Judges September 12 & 13 3 Judges
ALL SHOWS WILL BE AT THREE COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS, NORTH HAMPTON, MA.
Paige Griffin Photography
NEPTHA SHOW RULES
1. Exhibitors/Owners/ Lessees of all ages must be a member of National PTHA to show in approved Pinto classes.
(Page 67, Rule G1, A & B in the 2019 Pinto National rule book). Lessees must have done lessee paperwork with Nationals prior to showing.
We can not do on site leases.
2. You must be a member of NEPTHA PRIOR to the start of the 2 shows in which you want to qualify for NEPTHA year end awards. EXAMPLE: You show May, June, and September but do not join till September, you do NOT qualify at all for year end awards, you show May, June, and September and you join in June you DO qualify for year end awards, you show May, June, September, and join in May, you DO qualify for year end awards. Please refer to NEPTHA year end requirements.
3. You MUST be a member of NEPTHA PRIOR to the start of any show in order to qualify for weekend high point awards.
4. In order to receive weekend high point / reserve high point awards in any division, the exhibitor must show in one halter or one color class and three performance classes in that division (showmanship may count as performance). Gymkhana division, you must show 4 performance classes. Lead-line exhibitors may show in halter, but are not required to show in halter to qualify for weekend awards, but must be a NEPTHA member.
5. All pre-entries must be received by Monday, the week of the show. (5 days before show start). No exceptions.
6. Anyone who enters trail classes will automatically be charged $10 on your show bill. You may practice as long as you want. Times will be announced for practice.
7. All PTHA classes will run in accordance with the current PTHA Rule book. It is your responsibility as a member/ owner/exhibitor to know the entire National show rules and the NEPTHA show rules. All, All Breed classes will run in accordance with NEPTHA club and or local show rules.
8. EVERYONE must check in the show office PRIOR to showing, at this time YOU WILL BE REQUIRED to leave a method of payment. Registration, coggins, rabies, and ALL cards (AM, NOV AM, YOUTH, NOV YOUTH, PTHA, APHA, NEPTHA) WILL BE CHECKED at this time. Legible copies will be accepted for all HOWEVER all originals must be available if deemed necessary to check.
9. You will be assigned one (1) back number for life. A non-refundable fee of $5.00 will be charged when obtaining the number and you will be charged $5.00 per year for reservation of the number (this will be charged on your show bill the first show you attend). No logos or advertising is allowed on exhibitor numbers. (National or otherwise). You will receive a set for each back number. It is your responsibility to keep the number in a secure place. If you lose your number, a set may be printed & acquired from the show office for an additional $5.00. Every horse/pony/miniature will have one back number regardless of the number of exhibitors including Youth and Amateurs are showing the same horse/pony/miniature. Exhibitors must have both numbers displayed on each side of the horse for riding classes. (Exception: Showmanship, Trail In Hand, Halter, Driving, Bareback classes). It is your responsibility to make sure this is done and that you have the correct number or you may be disqualified at the judge’s discretion.
10. Exhibitor behavior: Any exhibitor/handler/spectator on the show grounds who displays unsportsmanlike behavior or commits a cruel act against any animal (in the opinion of the show manager/show committee/show officials) or is guilty of fraternizing/ being disrespectful with/to the judges, or show personnel, prior to completion of the show, will be DISQUALIFIED from the show and forfeit all points & awards earned and any fees paid, pending investigation and review by the show manager/show committee/BOD/grievance committee and may be asked to leave per our By-Laws.
11. ALL judge’s decision is final. If a Judge has asked an exhibitor to leave the arena under no circumstances will the show manager question this with the judges. LAMENESS is NOT disputable per PTHA rule. (Page 95 Rule: I1, S )
12. Show management may/will automatically combine any class if there are 3 or less entries. If any class is combined for any reason all exhibitors will be informed. If any exhibitor disputes/declines the combined class they must let the show manager know as soon as the combined class is announced. Classes that are combined more than 2 times during the year will be combined for year end awards.
13. Solid Registry horses may only show in PTHA Solid Registry classes. May cross enter into All Breed appropriate classes/divisions.
14. Green Horse/Pony Walk-Trot Division is for equines that are in their first or second year of showing. Not to have cantered or loped at any other show. May cross enter into All Breed, & PTHA appropriate classes/divisions. Exhibitor/trainer may show a green horse in walk/trot and another horse in walk/trot/canter classes. Based on the equine, not the exhibitors riding level. Classes will be double judged.
15. CHR (Challenged Horsemen Riding) is for riders with disabilities. Exhibitors must wear a proper fitted and fastened with harness, ASTM safety approved helmet. Stallions may not be used. There is no age limit. Exhibitors may use one or two hands in classes. Classes will be double judged. There are two different divisions..
Supported, walk only. The Supported exhibitor must have a handler/leader (over the age of 18) with a loose lead without a chain, attached to the halter in a manner that does not interfere with the reining of the horse. May have 2 side walkers. After class has started, no further persons may enter the ring for additional assistance with the exception of a safety issue.
Independent exhibitor, walk-trot. Must not have cantered or loped at any other show. The Independent exhibitor must have a handler/leader (over the age of 18) handler/leader must have a lead line without a chain in their hand in case of a safety issue. Handler/leader will stand quietly in designated area until class is complete and may then walk forward and snap onto the horse halter.
16. All Breed Beginner Walk-Trot Division are open to all equines. Exhibitors must be 18 & under. Exhibitors that are in their first or second year of showing. Not to have cantered or loped at any other show. May not cross enter into any other division. Based on the beginner rider, not the equine. Classes will be double judged. Trainers are not allowed to show in beginner classes.
17. All Breed Classes are open to all equines. Equines do not have to be registered. May cross enter into appropriate classes/divisions. Classes will be double judged.
18. Skowhegan show will be double club pointed. If there is not a division that is provided by the host club, and you show in a different division, your points will be put in your original division with NEPTHA for year end awards. Example: Susie & Hot Chips usually ride in green horse walk-trot 19 & O division. Host club does not offer green horse walk-trot 19 & O. Susie decides to go into all breed walk-trot 19 & O. Those points will count to her original green horse walk-trot division year end points with NEPTHA.
19. Returned checks: A $50.00 fee will be charged on all returned checks. If a check is returned you will be required to pay IN CASH before the beginning of future shows. You have 7 days to make good on money owed. If you ONLY SHOW at the last show of the season with NEPTHA, you WILL BE required to pay cash, no checks will be accepted.
20. Exhibitors 18 & under, we strongly recommend that you wear an approved safety hard-hat at all times while mounted on a equine, anywhere on the show grounds.
21. Tack changes/holds need to be requested to the/gate keeper/ring steward a minimum of three (3) classes prior to the class the change is required for. Tack changes must be done at the in gate. You will only be allowed TWO (2) MINUTES to complete tack change PER NATIONAL RULE. (Rule G11 A&B).
22. ALL DOGS on the show grounds must have proof of rabies shot and be kept tied, leashed and under control at all times. Dogs are NOT ALLOWED in/or around any riding arena where exhibitors are riding horses, in the holding area, or to be left unattended in the isles of the barn. The FIRST time you will receive a verbal warning and the SECOND time you will be fined $10.00 and the dog will no longer be permitted at the show.
23. Ribbon Refunds: Board Of Directors voted at the November 2017 fall meeting that there will be NO RIBBION REFUNDS at any show.
*Please refer to the meeting minutes from November 2017.
24. Stall/campers/tent reservations MUST BE PRE-PAID BY CHECK. Stall/campers/tent are available on a first come first served basis. All group reservations must be together and form filled out completely with payment from all parties. No payment, no stall/camper/tent reservations. NO EXCEPTIONS. ANYONE WHO USES ELECTRICITY/SEWER (plugging into the barn/another trailer, etc.) will be charged for a camper hook-up. On your stall/camper reservation form, you must provide the license plate number & state for the vehicle using the hook-up. In addition upon arrival at the show, you will receive a “paid” tag which must be displayed in your camper, otherwise, you will be charged accordingly. If you fail to cancel any stalls reserved by Monday PRIOR to the show date you WILL be charged in full for all stalls unless a vet or physicians note is provided upon arrival to show. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE. *Please refer to Stall / Camper rules there are additional rules.
25. If you pre-entered the show and fail to notify the show secretary by Monday PRIOR to the show date, (if you cancelled stalls) you will be charged and billed a $20.00 office fee unless you provide a vet or physician note. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
26. There is absolutely NO SMOKING ALLOWED IN THE BARNS, INDOOR RIDING RINGS, and OR THE BLEACHERS.
27. No campfires allowed of any kind per fire marshal and the town of N. Hampton. **Please read all stall / camper rules as there are additional rules**
28. No grey water discharge from campers. YOU WILL BE FINED BY FAIRGROUNDS IF FOUND NEGLEGENT. THEY WILL BE CHECKING.
29. NO equines allowed in roped off or posted areas. ***you will be held responsible and charged for any fees incurred if you go into these areas
By the act of entering this show, spectators, visitors with children (must be supervised at all times) owners, lessees, and exhibitors agree that National PTHA & APHA and the sponsoring Charter Clubs, New England Pinto Horse Assn. Inc., New England Paint Horse Assn., Three County Fair Grounds, Skowhegan Fair Grounds, NEPTHA & NEPHC show committee and NEPTHA & NEPHC Board of Directors shall not be held liable for any loss, injury, damage, theft, debits, in connections with this show.
**HAVE A GREAT 2019 SHOW SEASON** NEPTHA SHOW COMMITTEE